There's no doubt that paddleboarding is a lot of fun, but it can seem like a very expensive pastime when you consider all the gear you need to get started. This blog article takes a look at some of the best accessories you should have in your paddleboard bag to make sure your board stays safe and sound.
A Beginner’s Guide to Paddleboarding:
If you’re new to paddle boarding, there are a few accessories you’ll want to make sure to have. You can also order paddleboard accessories for iSUP maintenance via Hydrus.
Image Source: Google
Here is a list of the must-haves for a beginner:
- A paddleboard. This is essential for getting around on the water.
- Paddles. You need at least one pair of paddles to use on your board. These can be rented or bought separately, depending on your preferences.
- A life jacket. It’s important to wear a life jacket when paddleboarding, as even a small mistake could lead to injury underwater.
- A storage container. Having somewhere to store your gear when not using it is a good idea. This could be a locker at the beach or an overhead storage bin in your home.
- An Epoxy Primer. This primer helps to protect the surface of your board from water and dirt buildup.
- A Paddle Steering System. This system helps to keep your board oriented in the water and allows you to steer it with ease.
- A Paddle Case. This case protects your paddle and other gear when you're not using them.
- Paddle Straps. These straps help to keep your board stable in the water.
- A leash is essential for safely transporting your paddleboard around town or on a lake or river.
Buying Tips for Paddleboard Accessories:
- Buy a quality paddle board leash.
- Protect your boards with a protective case.
- Get boots or shoes that fit well.